Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Tosiba POS unit running on xp. We recently starting

Customer Question

I have a Tosiba POS unit running on xp. We recently starting getting a Blue Screen Memory dump errir that says Page_Fault_in_nonPaged_area on login. I am unable to boot into safemore without the same earror popping up.
No new drivers or hardware attached. i currently have them all removed except for keyboard.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You will get an error number eg: 0x3td3343

Can you tell me what this is please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0x00000050 (0xfffeff8,0x00000000,0x80544b1D, 0x00000000)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0xFFFEFFF8,0x00000000,0x80544b1D, 0x00000000)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, thats memory failures. You said you replaced the ram, all of the ram in it? Or just some?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just one, should I replace both?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, its either this or the chipset on the motherboard. Start with the ram and rule this out and if you do, then you know its the motherboard that will have to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try replacing the RAM first.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** this continues to fail, you know 100% its the motherboard and thats going to need replacing.

I have marked the question to never close so any issues, just let me know here, no time limit on this.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced with new Ram, but giving me the same error after I log in.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, its the motherboard that is faulting as it will not register any commands to get into the Bios.

You will need to replace this and will then need to reinstall windows to work correctly with this.

We now know this is the case

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get into the bios, I just can't past the welcome login screen. Thats when I see the blue screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, if you get a Stop Error its the chipset (memory) in the board that has failed.

Sorry I am a little confused as I have indicated this 3 times... you need to

replace this and will then need to reinstall windows to work correctly with this.

May I ask why you keep ignoring this?