Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have a Sony Camcorder DCR-SR47. I have a hard copy of the

Customer Question

Hello......I have a Sony Camcorder DCR-SR47. I have a hard copy of the user manual but have lost the CD-ROM that came with the camera.
I am trying to download the videos from the camera onto my computer. The instructions say to download the PMB that is on the disc that came with the recorder. However, because I don't have the disc, how can get this software?
I am not technically savvy so can you pls give me detailed instructions on how to get this PMB software (from a safe site), to install it, and then to transfer my videos from the camcorder to my computer.
This request is urgent as the hard drive on the camera is full and I need it to record an even this weekend.
Please send me this information at my email address:***@******.***.
Thank you in advance for you immediate attention to this request.
Kileen Tucker Scott
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=DCRSR47&LOC=3#/downloadTab Go to that link: Then go to where is says driver software. Then choose your operating system. Once you have done that click on play memories home. Click on download and then download and run that should be the software you are looking for if not let me know because then Sony will need to be contacted to have them send the disk to you.

I am standing by let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so i did all of that and it looks like everything downloaded but where do i go now to view all the videos that were transferred from the recorder?
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please make sure you did download and install the PlayMemories Home software at the Sony website below:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/download/playmemories-home/win/en/index.html

, then turn on the camcorder and connect it to your computer

, then open the PlayMemories Home program on your computer and use it to transfer videos to the computer.

; here are the full instructions / illustrations:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-home/operation/import/import-image.html

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for continuing to try and help me. I am tied up for the next day or two but will try what you have suggested re reviewing the link you sent and will get back to you as soon as I can. Pls do not give up on me!

You're welcome. No problem; please take your time; I will always continue to work with you. Thank you.