Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I flew today from Leon to Houston and Chicago this morbning.

Customer Question

I flew today from Leon to Houston and Chicago this morbning. Houston's TSA was so discombobulated they were gttting everybody out of their regular rhythm. One line open and 200 peole. Frustrating and they were all in our faces about all sorts of stuff. I ended up leaving my HP laptop in the bin. People behind me were pushing and TSA peole hollering at people. I NEED MY LAPTOP. I WORK ON IT.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Michael. I will help you with your question.

I know the situation at airports these days is absolutely crazy - something like this should never happen, but with the insufficient training of TSA staff along with the huge volume they push through these points, it would be more surprising if it didn't happen.

The TSA does have a procedure for dealing with this. They handle thousands of lost laptops alone each year. The first thing we have to do is rport it to the proper TSA office. Is Houston the airport where it was left?

Since it was left at a security checkpoint, TSA will have it and will handle getting it back to you directly. If you've checked with the airport lost and found, and they didn't have it, don't worry... they would rarely get something left at a security checkpoint. Contact the TSA lost and found instead,

at(###) ###-####

Have the following information available:

• Detailed item(s) description
  • Date and approximate time item was lost
  • Airline or flight number (if applicable)
  • If item was lost at IAH – which airport terminal was visited (A,B,C,D,E/FIS)
  • If item was lost at HOU – which part of the airport was visited

If you have any questions, or don't get the results you need, please let me know.