bmelke
bmelke, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  M.S. Degree. Designed computer hardware and software for IBM for 20 years.
19433742

Just purchased omnipage18, cannot complete installation

Customer Question

just purchased omnipage18, cannot complete installation because i cannot uninstall omnipage 17 because is do not have the registration or product key. How can I solve this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  bmelke replied 1 year ago.
  • Hi, thank you for using JustaAnswers, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help resolve your issue.
  • First lets try to use Rivo to uninstall ominpage17.

1. Click Here to download a free 30 day trial of Revo Uninstaller.
  • 2. Save RevoUninProSetup.exe to your Desktop or another easy to find location on your computer and allow the download to complete.
  • 3. Once the download is complete, double-click on the revosetup.exe icon/file to begin the installation.
  • 4. If you receive the message, Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?, click Yes.
  • 5. Select your preferred language and then click on OK.
  • 6. Click on Next.
  • 7. Click on I accept the terms of the License Agreement and then click Next.
  • 8. Click on Install.
  • 9. Click on Finish and make sure the Run Revo Uninstaller box is checked.
  • 10. Double-click on the icon for omnipage17.
  • 11. If the message Are you sure you want to uninstall the selected program? appears, click Yes.
  • 12. For most programs, it will now take you to the uninstall wizard, just follow the prompts to uninstall and finish
  • 13. Select the Moderate option and then click Scan and allow it work for a few minutes.
  • 14. If the message, Found leftover registry items appears, click on Select All and then Delete.
  • 15. Click on Yes for the pop-up confirmation.
  • 16. Then click on Next.
  • 17. When the Found leftover files and folders screen appears, click on Select All and then Delete.
  • 18. Click on Yes for the pop-up confirmation.
  • 19. Then click on Next.
  • 20. Click on Finish

• You should now be able to install ominpage18. Please let me know if this does not work.
Expert:  bmelke replied 1 year ago.

On step 14, please make sure you do not delete files you might want to keep (data files)