Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

MY COMPUTER WAS RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO

Customer Question

MY COMPUTER WAS RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO WINDOWS 10. AFTER THE INSTALLATION MY DRAGON NATURALLY SPEAKING (HOME) WOULD NOT WORK. IT WILL OPEN BUT WHEN I SPEAK INTO THE MICROPHONE IT ASKS ME TO "SAY THAT AGAIN" AND THAT'S ALL IT WILL DO. WHAT IS GOING ON?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Have you tried downloading the latest audio driver for your computer?

May I know the make and model number of your computer?

Here are some troubleshooting tips if Dragon isn't responding when you speak, or if Dragon doesn't hear you right. Dragon pulsates when it is awake and hearing your voice:.

• Make sure Dragon is awake when you are speaking to it.
  • Make sure the Settings window isn't open. Dragon can't hear you when the Settings window is open.
  • If Dragon is speaking, wait until it finishes before you make a command. Dragon can't hear you while it's speaking.
  • Make sure your microphone is enabled in Windows. See Check your microphone in the Audio section of Dragon's General Settings.
  • If you have a wearable headset or Bluetooth device, make sure audio isn't channeled there when you're not using it.
  • If your microphone isn't working, first try closing and reopening Dragon, and then shutting down and restarting Windows, and trying again.
  • Make sure you have the latest audio drivers for your device. Check your device manufacturer's Web site for updates.
  • If your microphone still isn't working, open the Windows Control Panel and try the following:
    • Use the Windows Troubleshooting tool.
    • Check your microphone setup.
    • Run the Windows Set Up Microphone tool.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N