Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My iMac chimes and then gets stuck on the loading screen and

Customer Question

My iMac chimes and then gets stuck on the loading screen and then shuts itself off.
I believe it is because of the operating system.
There could be physical damage as it fell forward in my back seat when I was transporting it the other day.
My concern is recovering the data from the hard drive because I didn't back it up. I need to know if I can get the information back before I reinstall the software (because I heard that can erase your hard drive).
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

It's very likely that your MAC has suffered hard drive damage or memory RAM misplacement. Those two could avoid any PC or MAC from loading properly.

The most logical thing to do here is to bring the MAC to a specialized repair center such an APPLE STORE (if you have one locally) or Best-Buy (this one being the last resort).

Tell them about the incident, so they will know what they are dealing with and emphasize the importance of your data.