Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a gateway model sx2840-01 with a bad disk. Can

Customer Question

I have a gateway model sx2840-01 with a bad disk. Can gateway help me with the software needed to be able to boot from a replacement disk so that I can then load windows? Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

If the computer is not more than three years old, you can order a recovery disc from Gateway. Using the Recovery disc, you can install Windows and preinstalled software that you had on your computer. Since Gateway has taken over by Acer, you can get the disc from Acer. Please go to the link below, enter the computer's SNID, or serial number and click Submit.

http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/

Follow the on screen instructions to purchase the disc.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N