Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I want to go back to Windows 7. Windows 10 is too confusing

Customer Question

I want to go back to Windows 7. Windows 10 is too confusing for an 82 year 0ld. Formerly site came up asking if I wanted go back to Windows 7 for a charge of $49.95. I hate to spend that much money after sjgning for a free Windows 10. I realize 10 is great but I want my familiar Windows 7. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

You can go back without having to pay for it again, just by doing the following if a month has not yet past by since you upgraded.

open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”

You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.

Then it will return you to windows 7

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Let me know the results please.