Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have a Windows 8 Lenovo tablet. Took the offer W10

Customer Question

I have a Windows 8 Lenovo tablet. Took the offer for free W10 downliad. Process seemed OK. No problem to log on with W10 but aftewards screen starts flashing constantly and I don't see anywhere og anyway I can stop it. Can't re-install W8 since nothing works on the tablet. Anything I can do? Thanks your help. Vidar
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

if it has been less than a month yes you should be able to revert it back to windows 8

click Start menu and select Settings

Click the “Update & security” icon

select “Recovery.”

there should be an icon for return to windows 8

click that and follow the prompts

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** can't even get to the start menu since when the screen is flashing, everything Else is paralyzed. Happening immediately arter I log in.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

at the sign in screen before you log in
there should be a button to restart the computer on the right hand side
if you hold the shift key on the keyboard down while selecting the restart option
it should bring you to a page with some repair options that you can try the revert should be there somewhere as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
youre right. i then get option to continue, use outside unit to Windows recovery or error search (is in Norwegian language)
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

it should be in recovery the same as if you went to it the original way i suggested