yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

I have a HP pavilion elite HPE desktop with bios rev v7.11

Customer Question

I have a HP pavilion elite HPE desktop with bios rev v7.11 dated 03/18/2011. We have not used this computer in many months and have forgotten the power-on password. I tried removing the bios battery and the 2 jumpers on the CMOS PW section of the board. The HP site says to bring it in but I would like to keep the cost in time and money to a minimum. Any HP experts out there?
Category: Computer
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 1 year ago.

That should clear the bios password. Look at the following instruction to make sure have cleared it properly. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-Elite-m9000-Desktop-PC-series/3824167/model/3891363/document/c01324212#N475 . Did you happen to set a hard drive password?