Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I rec'd a call from a 'Windows' tech asking if he could scan

Customer Question

I rec'd a call from a 'Windows' tech asking if he could scan my computer because they were getting messages that someone was trying to 'hack' it. He said it would cost 200 to clean and protect my comp for 1 year. Have you heard of anything like this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

No such technician from Microsoft will ever do this. This is a very well known scam that nefarious thinking people will try and do to simply rip people off. I would suggest that you ignore the scammer. If you have given them any of your banking information, I would suggest contacting your banking institution to let them know about the situation and to block any payment to them.

Is there anything that I can help with; either it be computer or network related?

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your response. It is exactly what I thought.

You are very welcome. I am very glad that you had some apprehension regarding this.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page. That is how the site gives me credit for my time.

Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.

I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.

I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.

-Jason