Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I have a malware problem....

Customer Question

Hi I have a malware problem....
Category: Computer
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Hi there I think I can help with this, I'd like to try getting you to do a remote session with me, if I do a remote session I can transfer some tools through it without having to use the browser and be redirected... Can we try this?

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b784d683-8a61-4ad5-919e-7522a66d2083

Pleae click I Agree and download Elsinore Screen Connect, I'll be awaiting for you to open that, let me know if it hijacks that page.

Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Looks like you're not there, I;'ve closed the session please let em know when you're available and we can continue.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

It looks like s_feehan has opted out. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you with this.

Download and install the free version only of malwarebytes here: Click Here (ignore the buy box and click download next to it)

Install the free version and let it update, then do a full system scan and remove/quarantine anything it finds.

Then restart the computer, to get back to me go to justanswer.com and click on my questions at the top.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy M
Thank you for contacting me.
I was unable to communicate with S_feehan when I tried to follow his instructions. I tried numerous times to contact a technician, but every time Customer Services would send me a link, I would then be directed to the 'confirm my settings' page. The page would freeze. 1. I didn't know where to 'confirm my settings'. 2. There was no option to tell the technician. So I continued to go in circles by contacting chat they, would send a link and it would get to that same page and freeze.
It would have been great if there was some way of contacting the technician directly but unfortunately this service was not offered. Hence the going around in circles, as well as probably my not being computer savvy, didn't help.
So I gave up and found a different solution.
Thanks for your offer anyway.
Regards
XXX XXX
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

This is the page s_feehan was on but he opted out and opened this to all experts, that is why I sent you steps to remove malware.