Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have the wrong email address win10 logon. I would like to

Customer Question

I have the wrong email address for my win10 logon. I would like to use another but for complex reasons I icannot use it. Can I do this? The so-called previous,email was usedincorrectly on my first attemt atvwin 10 and isstaying on.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

There are 2 types of user logins that you can use. You can use an online Microsoft account which is a live account – it doesn't necessarily and in live.com but it will be a full email address. But if you do a custom install, you also the option of using a local user account. A local user account is local to the machine and does not interact with your online account. So if you're having a problem with the online account or do not wish to use the online account you can either a. Create a new online live account and use that one or b.do a custom install and choose to use a local account instead of an online Microsoft account. Please let me know if you have any questions.