Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Someone is sending information from my computer to people

Customer Question

someone is sending information from my computer to people who are on my e-mail list. I have a macintosh computer. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

These are emails requesting money or similar correct? With a story about you being in trouble?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No money request. Just says, "How are you?" What worries me is they send it to several e=mail address that comes right off my e-mail page of contacts. Can you help me?It starts out From: Samuel Welch with an address It lists the e-mail address then Then it says
Subject: From: Samuel Welch
Hi! htpp://freethinking.072014.mslfrance.fr/seems.php?Samuel_Welch
How are you?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, it is a scammers email and what they want is for people to use the link to try to steal details.

They at one stage had access to your account to get your email contacts and they now have this.

Now they are sending fake emails using your email address. This anyone can do, and this you cannot stop. Example is on this website you can send an email to anyone using anyones email address

http://www.deadfake.com/Send.aspx

You will see there you can use anyone's from address. Due to how email works., this you cannot stop.

So in addition to changing your password ***** has stopped further access to your account, you can only inform people that hackers may be fraudulently using your email address, you cannot stop this and that they should ignore and delete any types of emails such as this.

This is the most you can do for this, and always avoid any emails and especially any links that look suspicious or do not seem right. You have giving your details at one sstage, likely via also a scammers email into a fake AOL site that looked exactly like AOL, and this is how it all started

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you