Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I have a three or four year old gateway laptop. I have not

Customer Question

I have a three or four year old gateway laptop. I have not used it in a very long time therefore I do not remember the password ***** get it going. Is there anything I can do to ce I have it on and it asks for a password? I am an older woman and not very tech smart. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laura. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. I can help you create a password ***** disk and walk you through the process of getting back into your machine.

A second option, if you have no data on the machine that you need recovered, would be to attempt a factory reset. This would re-install Windows and all the original software that came with the machine but would remove all user files. Please let me know what would work best for you.