Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Presently i have Window 7. About a week ago from Microsoft I

Customer Question

Presently i have Window 7. About a week ago from Microsoft I got a message that I had a "free upgrade" to Windows 10. I clicked OK. I got a second message a few days later that Windows 10 was ready to be downloaded, I clicked OK at 9 PM last night. A Message came up on my screen "Working on it".
My screen showed the same message At 10 PM, 8 AM this morning and now 6 PM ; still "Working on it". So this is 21 hours after I started the downloading.
I might add that my computer has McAfee Security and has H.R. Block's tax preparation software. I have not downloaded any other programs and do not play any games. The bot***** *****ne. How can I install Windows 10?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please shut down / restart the computer and check?

If that does not work, please download and install Windows 10 at the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shut my Dell (64 bit) computer down. In start-up I had Window 7 still active. But I don't see the Microsoft notice on the lower right side of my screen something like " ready to download Windows 10'. The web site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 requires using media creation tool to download Windows 10. As I stated on my initial inquiry, I need detailed instructions which was listed as $47. Your suggestion on this "media creation" site does not help me: I can't understand the instructions and how it relates to my needs. So far I am back to "square one". So I start with $47 asking for detailed instructions and now I understand you are asking another $19.00 for additional services. How many more add-ons will there be before I get my problem solved.

I'm sorry, $19 is for direct remote support if you'd like to; that is optional only. Otherwise, please follow my steps below. We guarantee our service, so don't worry.

- Can you go to Start\Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update, and then check for updates there, then see if it lets you install Windows 10 there?

- If that does not work, then click on Start\Control Panel\System and Security\System, then check if your System type is 32-bit or 64-bit

, then click on the website below:

, then download the appropriate version there

, then run / install it, and make sure to select the option to upgrade, just continue the on-screen instructions in that program

; if you are stuck at any step, please reply back, so I can help further.

, note: you do not need to create media.