Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I just put a photo up on my profile and want to take it down

Customer Question

Hi! I just put a photo up on my profile and want to take it down ASAP! Can you help?
Also I prefer not to post my photo due to my job-- but if I don't do this how do I send my pic to particular people on match?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

You will need to have a profile picture but I can help you remove the one that you have currently.

There are a number of ways to go about adding a photo to your profile. All are easy. Click here for guidelines, including rules for file size and type.

Option 1: Upload your photo to your profile. To upload photos:

1. Sign in to Match.com using your username or email address and password.
  2. Click on your primary photo thumbnail in the top navigation bar
  3. Click on Photos
  4. Click on Choose Photo, and navigate to and select the photo you'd like to add; your upload will begin automatically

If your photos are approved they will be posted. It shouldn't take more than an hour or two for your photo to appear on your profile. Be sure to crop your photos the way you'd like them before uploading.

Option 2: Import from Facebook. To import photos already posted on your Facebook account:

3. Click on Photos
  4. Click on Import from Facebook; you may be asked to enter your Facebook username and password ***** it's your first time using this feature
  5. Select the photos you wish to upload from your Facebook albums; to remove a selected photo, click the X in the top-right corner
  6. Click Import Photos

Option 3: Email your photo to us. We'll do the work for you and post your photos free. Here's how:

1. Attach your photos to a new message from your registered email address.
  2. Include the following information: full name, member ID, email address you used when you signed up with Match.com, and date of birth.
  3. Then, just send your email to***@******.***

**Image files must be received in an approved format (jpg, bmp, gif) and should be larger than 100k and less than 5MB

We'll let you know via email when we process your photos. Also, please send your photos as attachments only. We cannot accept an image embedded in an email.

Option 4: Snap a photo with your smartphone upload it via our iPhone or Android apps or our mobile site, mobi.match.com. You can also text or email your photo directly from your phone to***@******.***. If you're emailing, make sure to include your member ID in the subject line, and your full name, email address, and date of birth in the message. If you're texting, just include it all in the message, along with the photo.

In addition to your profile's main photo, you can add up to 25 more photos.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately you did not answer my question.
1) I want to remove the photo I just posted on match.com. You indicated that you can help with this. How? I would like this photo removed tonite if at all possible
2) I want to be able to send a photo of myself to individual people who request it vs posting it. Is this possible?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

1 - To delete a photo, click on your primary photo thumbnail in the top navigation bar and click on Photos. Click the X button in the top-right corner to delete it.
To replace a photo, simply delete the photo and add a new one.

2 - No, you need a profile picture on your account. You can setup a profile picture then send more photos if you start to talk to someone through email.

Please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.