Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have a hp 2000 laptop. I had 99% cup usage and since I was

Customer Question

I have a hp 2000 laptop. I had 99% cup usage and since I was not aware that it meant that I have no more room on my computer to download windows 10 [ so it seems to have loaded]. Since downloading I can login and then the computer screen now blinks and won't show desk top. Only thing I can do is go to task manger but I can only look computer will not respond. I went and purchased a external hard drive but since I can't get any where on the computer what should I do? I read all the steps before downloading windows 10, but at no time was I aware that this high cpu usage now{100%} would totally stop my computer as described above. HELP!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It might be a bit difficult to carry out the steps I provide to resolve the issue, with the screen blinking constantly I assume, but I'd like to try doing the following now:

First off, please open up the Task Manager at the blinking screen, and see if you can somehow click on File > Run New Task at the top-left of the window.

Done that, let me know please. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

It might be a bit difficult to carry out the steps I'll provide to resolve the issue (with the screen blinking constantly I assume), but I'd like you to try the following steps now:

First off, please open up the Task Manager at the blinking screen, and see if you can somehow click on "File > Run New Task" at the top-left of the window.