Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Wife n I share HP computer. She on one 'side' as Jo and i'm

Customer Question

Wife n I share HP computer. She on one 'side' as Jo and i'm on other 'side' as Bob. I requested free download of Win 10 for each side. I just got my notice and proceeded to do Win 10 install today. My solitare is gone and, moreover, I cannot find any record of Jo's 'side' with all her data. Where is Jo's 'computer?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Did you do a system restart as well, to check if her account showed up at the Windows logon screen?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No restart as install did several restarts during install. Should I do restart now? If so, won't I lose contact with you? I'm age 72 with traumatic quadriplegia and it's hard to keep up with MS billing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, I see. May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue for you? We will not lose touch this way, as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You connect to me is great. Thank you for this suggestion!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK, no issues - Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ace52227-de59-4752-9ade-fc3397969325

Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.

Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Please accept my apologies - we seem to have inadvertently gotten disconnected during the restart. Could you let me know if the other account showed up at the logon screen this time, after Windows restarted?

Do keep me posted. Thank you.