Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have a SimpleDrive. 1 Tb. It is full, what do I do, clear

Customer Question

I have a SimpleDrive for backup. 1 Tb. It is full, what do I do, clear out start the process over. The original hard drive has only about 187 Gb. What do you suggest?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. In your case, you will simply need to erase the unnecessary files; however, deleting the wrong files may be detrimental.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I knew this already, none of the files need to be deleted because the drive is only one fourth on C:, this doesn't answer the problem it seems. Why is the drive filling up used for backup when the C: drive is a fourth full, no files seem duplicated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you it doesn't answer my question

It doesn't matter what is on the C: drive. Your question is regarding the external drive, correct?