Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

T530 Unable to restore to factory settings. I'm using

Customer Question

T530 Unable to restore to factory settings. I'm using 8.1 Can I call support to have someone walk me through the process.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, Please try one of these methods :

First method:

1-switch off your device by pressing the Power key

2-Afterwards press and hold together: Volume Up + Home button + Power button.

Please see this image : http://www.hardreset.info/media/resetinfo/2015/078/6c2f8bc2d20941188cec66eb907a6e1a/samsung-t530-galaxy-tab-4-101.jpg

3-You should release held keys when an Android Icon appears on the screen

4-Select "wipe data / factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.

http://www.hardreset.info/media/resetinfo/2015/078/c2111392b5114b73a61629381b82ed81/samsung-t530-galaxy-tab-4-101.jpg

5-Afterwards choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.

6-When the Recovery Mode appears again select "reboot system now".

Second method:

1-If the display is off, press the Power to turn it back on.

2-Afterwards go to Settings and then to Backup & reset.

3-Tap Reset Devive.

4-Choose Erase Everything if you are sure you want to clear all your data.

5-Select OK to confirm the whole operation.

Hope this help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Med, hello. My issue is not with an Android but rather a Lenovo laptop T530.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'm sorry, Please try to follow the step by step instructions in this tutorial video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7G93cWDVqo

Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Note : Please do not Rate my answer until we finished with the session. Once you are satisfied please RATE 4 or above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Med, thanks so much. Watched the video. Unfortunately, my computer didn't respond to using the F11 button. I can open my laptop and still work on IE but it doesn't seem to recognize my commands to restore to factory settings. I'm fairly well versed in computers, but this issue has boggled my mind. Any other suggestions? Mank thanks
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please when you turn on the PC did you tap F11 repeatedly?

Also Try to restart your computer and Press "fn" and "F12" or "fn" and "F11" keys at same time on laptop keyboard, just after you see the bios screen and before you see the windows start screen. If your computer has a built in recovery partition, this will open up a factory restore. Just follow any instructions it gives you.

If you are using a DVD recovery disc it will bring up the boot menu, scroll down the list with the arrow keys, and select the DVD drive, make sure the DVD is in the drive and press Enter. Follow the instructions the DVD gives you.

This is Another solution That comes directly from lenovo :

Note: All personal data in the computer will be lost during the recovery procedure.

Follow these steps:

1. Pressing F11 will start the Product Recovery program. When you see the Product Recovery Program Main Menu, select Full Recovery or Factory Contents and follow the instructions on the screen.
  2. After the software has been reinstalled, copy your personal configuration and data files back into their original directories on the hard drive
  3. It may be that the T530 does not have a recovery partition as other lenovos do. In that case if you can find the F12 key should be next to the F11 key, F12 should at least get you to the boot menu, so you can access the DVD. In addition you can go into the BIOS by pressing FN + F1 combo, then change the boot order in there to put the DVD first.

Let me know if you need further help

Thank you