Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I tried to restore my computer and now have a mess. I need

Customer Question

I tried to restore my computer and now have a mess. I need help bad I guess. I am 86 but never used windows 8 much and now can.t straighten out my computer. It is still under premier support for life of pc.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Could you provide further details about your issue, please? What exactly shows up when you boot up your system now?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure it seems different each time. Also This computer is suppose to be under a subscription for life of the pc. I called the phone. Thanks number provided me and the computer that answered said to go to this sight. I bought my computer from QVC and have an activation code. You can control my computer if you need to. I have never been able to get my home page back since I tried to restore. At 86 maybe I should quit trying to use a computer but I do need one that I can use. Any help will be appreciated. I do go by a nick name of Pat
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

I see, no issues. Let's get started with a remote session now, so that I can connect to your screen and check the issue here. Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=61086483-ef72-49bd-9f68-8d3bbf3215f7

Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)

OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.

If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.

Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the remote session. Once the restore is complete, kindly update me on the results on this page itself. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, I received your update on the other question page - so, I assume you are still having the same issues with the desktop tiles now?

Do let me know. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Please carry out a System Refresh this time, when you are available to continue next:

Point your cursor to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.

Click Update and recovery, and then click Recovery.

Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.

After the process is complete, please let me know if resolves your issues with the system itself. Thank you.