Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Please. I have Eudora. 2 personalities:} The problem is that

Customer Question

please. I have Eudora. 2 personalities:} The problem is that Eudora isn't reading the path to the IN.mbx. Error 17 says that file already exists. Think I know what caused this and the way that I discovered the issue was that I wasn't able to retrieve my mail
Thought it might be an Earthlink problem but tried closing and reopening Eudora. It was then that I got the error which basically was saying it couldn't read the path. I opened Explore and found 3 different In.mbx'x. the original one and then one named 01 and a second one named 02. Eudora rebuilds TOC if there is an issue. It tried to do that and I also found 2 extra In.toc's. I can't seem to fix this since it's out of my knowledge base in my brain. I think it was caused when I converted a docx file using an online app. I didn't download anything, and thought all was fine, but think that is what caused it. I also ran a scan of Eudora and nothing showed up in my virus scan. Deleted all the docx stuff from my files. They are sti
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need a Eudora expert please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also would like a phone call. Is that possible?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I am trying to put in an offer for a live phone call and remote access. but the site is being difficult at the moment. it might go in a minute

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I think this has only a 50 50 shot at working but you can try doing a system restore to before whatever happened to screw things up. Its easy to do though instructions below

otherwise copy the mbx file that you want to safe folder

then re install the eudora and then copy the mail box over the new mail box that it creates on install.

System restore instructions - windows 7 or 8 8.1

hold the windows logo key down and hit R
type rstrui.exe in the run box that comes up and hit enter

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need a call please
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i have put up an offer for additional service. If you accept that i can get you my phone number and even log in remotely to work on it with you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need a call please(###) ###-####
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I would love to call you but i am not allowed to do so unless you accept the additional services offer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know about restore do not want to pay more $. Thanks.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i can keep working with you this way. I just ask that you please give me an excellent rating when we get it fixed

try the restore it might fix it.

otherwise copy the entire folder with the mbx files in it

then uninstall the eudora

install it again selecting a different folder than it defaults to

locate the path to the mbx files that it creates

copy the old ones to that folder one at a time until you get your old email back