Barun
Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Just updated to Windows 10, have Money 99 program and can't

Customer Question

Just updated to Windows 10, have Money 99 program and can't seem to get Internet Explorer 4.01 downloaded in order to run the old Money program. Any ideas? I tried one help idea I found about holding down the shift key when booting the CD and eventually double clicking le4setup.exe, but a search of the CD with the Money program did not reveal this file, maybe called something else? Then the question was what program do you want to run this file from? As you can tell I'm not an expert. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

We will need to change some registry keys to get Money 99 to work with Windows 10 (Internet Explorer does not need to be installed).

May I set up a quick remote session (no extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the issue?

Please reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

If you are uncomfortable with doing a remote session, and would instead like me to provide you with the steps to carry out yourself to get Money 99 working, no issues - just reply back to me below, please. Thank you.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 year ago.

Please do this now:

Type in regedit in the search bar at the bottom of your screen, and press ENTER.

When the Registry Editor window comes up, double-click and navigate to the following location on the left pane:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

In the right pane, double-click on the Version key listed.

Modify the value data to 9.11.10240.1638 (remove the '4' at the end of the value).

Finally, close the Registry Editor, and re-open MS Money - does it work all right this time?

Please let me know. Thank you.