Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I updated my computer to Windows 10 and it was running

Customer Question

I updated my computer to Windows 10 and it was running slowly so after "googling" how to close programs running in the background a website came up. after downloading this program (for lack of better words) my computer shut down and the next thing I know is a new log in page popped up. it looks like this
***** ***** (my name) ***@******.*** (my gmail acct)
password:
I enter my google password ***** I get nothing. I've changed my PW multiple times and even though I can log out and log back into other devices I can not get into my computer. please help!
***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your computer. Push and hold down the power button for 10 seconds on the computer the computer must shut down.

Wait for 3 to 5 mins and power it back on let me know on which screen you get stuck or it accepts the windows password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this and I still get the signing page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello????
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

on the sign in page press and hold down the shift key and click in the power button on the bottom righthand side of you login screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I held the shift key and held the power button on the bottom rt side of the screen. All I got was an option to shut down or restart
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you see sign in option clcik on it and select the other option to select pin and enter a new pin and let me know if you can login with that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

do you use skype?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on RESTART from the power option on the bottom right corner of screen.
2. Menus should pop up for System Restore options .... go to ADVANCED options.
3. Go to SEE MORE RECOVERY OPTIONS until you see this and ONLY THIS: Restore Previous Build .... click on that.
4. Make sure your device liek keyboard and mouse is only plugged in if its a desktop computer.
5. Welcome back, You should be back to your previous windows 7 or 8.1.
6. Run the windows 10 upgrade again second time there should not be any ISSUES.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Windows 10 upgrade didnt went fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I hod the shift key and then hold the power button on bottom left I get two options: shut down or restart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I logged in via the touch screen and it let me in. The problem is that I'm in safe mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is loading the program "remake repair"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess it stopped loading this program because it lost Internet connection. However, it is still in safe mode and don't know what to do now
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let it complete the repair and let me know how it goes, we might have to do a clean install if it doesnt work.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you can create a usb bootable windows 10 disk from the following link given below and then you can do a clean window 10 reinstall./

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do this while it is in safe mode?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you can do this on a different computer and create the usb windows 10 bootable disk that would be a good idea.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. And then run it on the one I'm trying to fix?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Thats correct.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you find any problem following the steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just afraid that if I close it down then I won't get back in. I will have to try this tomorrow
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you may let me know from the email.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

jsutanswer email

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

thank you