Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

REMOVE WORM NAMED KOOFACE

Customer Question

REMOVE WORM NAMED KOOFACE
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with virus.

let me know the operating system you have on the computer.

are you able to get online.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are on line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have paid deposit of $5.00 but got out of web site please advise. Need to remive worm koobface
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There are many methods to remove Kooface malware if you follow the steps given below Kooface will be removed.

Although famous as virus, the Koobface is actually a worm. A worm is a malware that sneaks into your computer and replicates itself throughout the PC. The difference between a virus and a worm is that, virus attaches it self to the file where as a worm actually replaces it. A worm can even send automated emails to other PC's trying to infect them using yours.

So Koobface is a worm and attacks a computer by downloading some .exe files into your computer. The main thing is to identify the threat at this point before it is too late.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

click to download adwcleaner and run it http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

After running and rebooting the computer try to run malawarebyte from the below link given that should take care of the problem.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($22). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.
let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance