Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a DEll N7110 inspiron laptop. It was not accesing the

Customer Question

I have a DEll N7110 inspiron laptop. It was not accesing the internet so I reset to time to yesterday reset point. now when I power it up it goes to the loginpage and the page jumps from the ble page to black and back again. I left it sit over an hour and it will not prompt the login box to apear. I tried safe mode and still no box to log in.
any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Question, if you shut down, start the computer. And then immediately start rapidly tapping the F8 key.

Does it bring up the advanced startup options? If so, if you click on safe mode with networking what happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did try that and still could not get to login box.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

When you choose safe mode with networking.. What exactly happened next?

DId it stop on a specific white line of code? Please be detailed , Thank you.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows\systems32\drivers\PNP
It cut off and went to the blue screen,where login box should be.
Now runing chkdsk scan.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Chkdks wont fix the driver issue..

You could try booting with F8 , and choosing last known good config..

If that doesnt work, we may have to consider factory restoring the computer.. If you cannot get back to the windows desktop in order to run any further repairs.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it is not working and not giving me the option for last good login. It is still just jumping.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

F8 showed you safe mode before

On that page, you should see last known good configuration

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it would not let back there.
I am now runng a test from the F12 boot menu. it say it will take about 30 minuites.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Its a bit past the end of my shift. None of the f12 memory or hard disk repairs will help.

The issue is with your drivers.. If we cant get into windows to fix that.. Then our only choice is to reinstall.

These steps will erase your files. But they will get the computer working again.

1. Turn on the computer, after the Dell logo press F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu (Advanced Startup Options).
  2. In Advanced Boot Options, highlight Repair Your Computer and press Enter.
  3. Click Next and logon to the administrator account in the computer.
  4. Click Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup and DataSafe Options.
  5. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed file. Click Next to continue.
  6. Choose Yes and click Next to continue.
  7. Progress status will appear. Click Restart to initiate the restoration process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that require a disc? I do not have one.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

It doesnt require a disk.. It accesses dells built in recovery partition.. To reinstall windows..