Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I thought that toshiba had it's own dvd player installed so

Customer Question

I thought that toshiba had it's own dvd player installed so that I can play bought dvd's or blue ray dvd's
It won't work?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

Can you tell me the problem you are facing with the player in a bit more detail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own a toshiba have had about a year and now I tried to play a dvd recently and geek squad told me that my computer wasnt equipped with a dvd program so I can play one. They downloaded VLC media player for me it just worked but why can't I play a blue ray dvd on my laptop? Doesn't toshiba have it's own dvd player program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

cd/dvd drive and blue Ray driver are two different types of drives and two different type of technology however that is the reason you are unable to play a blueray disk on the cd/dvd drive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I need to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i need to download to get this to work for me? I thought you were a toshiba professional? What is this just ask? I went to toshiba sight and this is where I was sent to answer my question and pay 36.00 for what?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me make you understand this Blueray drive and cd dvd drives are two different hardwares you cannot use a blueray disk in a cd/dvd drive.

you will have to buy an external blueray drive and connect it the usb port of the computer and then you can use the blueray disk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am not stupid I understand they are different. I have asked 3 times now what I need to do to download toshiba's own version of there dvd player. Don't bother...I will figure it out myself.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

so you mean to say the drive which your laptop has on the toshiba is a blueray drive is that correct.

let me know the model number of the the Toshiba laptop i need to check the configuration.