Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I need to delete my old Microsoft account as it is stopping

Customer Question

hi I need to delete my old Microsoft account as it is stopping me from downloading updates etc have been locked out due to password ***** being reconized
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I had to pay twice due to my pc dropping out pls only pay for the first question the second was to advise you I returned to get answer to first question
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret that I will not be able to offer phone call service at this time.

I have no power over charges and billing - as a JustAnswer Expert, I give advice on the technical fields of specialization that are mine. For billing concerns, I have to tell you to contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

What Microsoft account do you need to delete? (MSN.com, or hotmail.com, or some other account?) where do you need to delete it from? (Is it an on-web account like the ones I have named, or is it an account that resides somewhere else, please?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its my old microsft account @ virgin its on my open page where i type in password ***** use laptop but wont let me download my email server as i cannot login to microsoft all due to not accepting microsft password ***** it has shut me out due to loggin in wrong information therefore i need to delete this account or transfer details to my new micro/account??
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the password ***** the microsoft login, lost?

If you open a web browser, can you enter the password ***** get access to the account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wont accept my password ***** seems my account may have been deleted this is also my administrator account on my lap top so unless i can delete this i am not able to get my email via laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also may be blocked not allowing me to get in
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Your administrator account on your laptop is NOT the same as your email account. It cannot be. The administrator account on your laptop stores its password ***** your laptop, the email account stores its password ***** a server 'out there' on the internet. (Unless you have a Chromebook? and even then, the two may not be so closely linked.)

Did you send a lot of email, or multiple-addresses emails, recently? that might get your email account blocked or deleted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do realize that my email does not have anything to do with my microsoft account but my micro/acc is my administrative accout via microsoft is preventing me setting up my email. I need to delete my administrative account so i can do my email setup cheers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

By 'microsoft account' do you mean your Windows login account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Then, how many different Windows login accounts do you (or, did you formerly) know the username and the password ***** on this computer? (Don't list them here! just tell me how many, 1, 2, 3 or more.)

One should be your common every-day login.

Another should be the (built-in) Administrator account.

There may be others.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Russel cancel this close it pls i will have to get a tech to fix it on site this is complicated and i dont know how or terminology to answer you so cheers Joe
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like the sensible thing to do under the circumstances. Good luck!

I have no power to close this case, but I can simply consider it done, completed, and over. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.