Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My laptop screen is cracked (it happened this morning) and

Customer Question

my laptop screen is cracked (it happened this morning) and since it happened, I haven't been able to use it anymore. It is a touch screen and apparently its like I'm touching it even when I'm not.
Is there any way I can turn the touch off to keep using it with the mouse only?
Also, is there a cheap way to fix this problem and have the computer working perfectly again?
the computer is a Asus x202e
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.

if the touch is enabled then you have to disable it. Connect a usb mouse to the computer and wait for 2 mins it will install the generic mouse driver then you will be able to use the mouse. I would suggest you to get the screen replaced and you can do it yourself as well.

I am attaching a video link how to replace the screen and a link to buy the screen online it will be delivered to your address.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

video steps how to replace the screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVavPcqItZ0

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley or a star and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michelle. Thanks for the answer. Could you please find for me links so I can buy this battery used or for a lower price on Amazon and request an expedited shipping ?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I am sooorryyy. I meant to say screen. Not battery

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would these work?
-http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dcomputers&field-keywords=Asus+x202e++screen&rh=n%3A541966%2Ck%3AAsus+x202e++screen

-http://www.amazon.com/Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Asus-Vivobook/dp/B00IR3BP7Y/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1441062305&sr=1-10&keywords=Asus+x202e++screen

-http://www.amazon.com/Lcdoled%C2%AENew-Digitizer-Screen-X202E-TCP11F16/dp/B00WG06PEM/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1441062305&sr=1-6&keywords=Asus+x202e++screen

-http://www.amazon.com/Asunflower%C2%AE-Screen-Digitizer-Replacement-TCP11F16/dp/B00XVSV9CQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1441062305&sr=1-2&keywords=Asus+x202e++screen

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i have attached 2 links for screen replacement and a video how to replace the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I bought the screen you sent me the link on amazon but it ended up being smaller than my laptop. What should I do? I'm attaching photos so you can see the difference.

And also, the video you sent me teaching how to replace the screen shows how to replace the whole top of the laptop, not only the glass, that it's exactly what I bought.

Can you please help me?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

There is a model number at the back of the laptop with serial as well if you have taken out the touch screen you will see sku number call the company you have ordered the screen and get it repalced with the correct sized one then you can simply replace it, wrong size will not fix.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know it wont fix it. I just bought what you told me to buy.
And again, the video you sent me is to replace the whole screen and not just the glass (what you told me to buy)

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ASUS X202E

LCD ONLY (NO TOUCHSCREEN)

Size: 11.6-inch WideScreen (10.08"x5.67")

This comes with 10.08"x5.67 screen and this is the correct one if you have ordered a wrong size it can be replaced as well all you have to do is call the seller and get it replaced they will replae it as it comes with 3 years warranty.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

ASUS X202E VIVOBOOK REPLACEMENT LAPTOP 11.6" LCD LED Display Screen

you have to make sure which model you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have ordered the new model now : ) Thx
BTW is there another video, more detailed on how to replace it?

Thanks

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will search for a better explained video and will surely share with you if i find one