Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

After getting Windows 10 my downloads are very slow & some

Customer Question

After getting Windows 10 my downloads are very slow & some links wont work
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome t o Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Ive seen this issue and it can have one of several possible causes. To narrow down whats causing the problem on your machine. I need to ask you a few questions. ( Or if you prefer I can connect to your computer and work on the issue in person, as an additional service )

First, I need to know what antivirus you are using?

Also, what browser are you using?

And finally how many hours or days ago did you install windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Acafee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chrome browser had windows 10 for about 1 month
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Lets try a few test steps. Lets uninstall mcafee. ( we may reinstall it later )

Heres the automated tool to remove mcafee the right way. http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Once downloaded, open and run that tool and it will uninstall mcafee. Once uninstalled.

It should restart your computer. Then, I want you to test chrome and see if its downloading better. Or, if you still have links that wont work.

From that point, we will know whether to focus on chrome and your wireless card. or, something else.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did that now have some many macffe files & can not even access it
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. My work shift ended an hour before you responded.

To clarify, were you able to run the mcafee tool and completely remove mcafee? did you leave it uninstalled or did you reinstall it?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I havent heard back from you since the 29th.

Just wanted to check and see if you still needed help with this issue. Or if uninstalling and reinstalling mcafee helped~

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.