Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My linovo laptop purchased in 2009 --4G-the left mouse on

Customer Question

My linovo laptop purchased in 2009 --4G-the left mouse on keyboard has collapsed. It works, but is touchy and will not release at times-the right click works fine.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. If you connect a USB mouse or wireless mouse to the laptop, does it work fine?
Are you able to open up the keyboard/touchpad part, and check?
Though this means the left-click button of the touchpad is damaged; it is a hardware issue.
What's the model of your Lenovo laptop, such as T420, or 20CG, etc.? Please check at the back/bottom of the laptop.
Would you like me to show you where to purchase the touchpad part, and how to replace it?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.