Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I purchased an HP laptop in the spring of 2015. It came with

Customer Question

I purchased an HP laptop in the spring of 2015. It came with windows 8.1. When windows10 was offered (free) I downloaded it. I was unhappy with W10 and tried to uninstall it. Unfortunately, because of my lack of knowledge and experience with computers in general I made a mistake and lost all the original HP programs. Is there any way I can get HP to reinstall all the original programs? If it can be done what would be the cost?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your HP laptop? Please check at the back/bottom of your laptop.
Were you able to uninstall Windows 10? i.e., does your laptop currently have windows 8.1 or windows 10?
Can you please tell me what you did that got all HP programs uninstalled?
What are some of the HP programs you need?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

- Please click on the HP website below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

, then there, enter your laptop model, or detect your product there, and continue to download / install any HP drivers/software / utility that is available.

- If you need to go back to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 8.1, then click on the Start icon (which is the windows logo icon located at the lower left corner of the computer's screen), then click on Settings, then click on Update & security, then click on Recovery option on the left, then select the the option to go back to windows 8.1 there.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,