Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Trying to reser windows 10. Runs thru the set up fine. About

Customer Question

Trying to reser windows 10. Runs thru the set up fine. About 31% thru installing windows it terminates with sydtem severice error. Pleasepardon brevety andtyping. Old man on nook.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I know you said that you encountered an issue when installing windows 10.

I need to know t he current status of the computer. Can it start at all and boot into any version of windows?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 instakled fine but after about 2 days i lost communications, now tryingto reinstall 10.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

I understand that you are trying to reinstall.

But what is the current state of the computer. ( Ive just seen your request for a phone call, I will send that offer now )

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an unclIned offer buti cant seeee it
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Usually if you click on the offer it self. It will open a page where you can accept the offer. Or click where it says additional support offer, or where it says get more help.

Once you have accepted the offer, it will provide a space where you can enter your private contact info. ( phone number)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Running windows 10, no internet
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Are you speaking to me through a computer?

Or through an ipad, or phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried every solution i could find for the internet oroblem and finally just decided to resset windows and now that wont work
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

HI, it sounds like you arent reading or replying to the messages I am sending you.

I know you need and want to explain whats going wrong. And we will get to that .. For now, Im trying to help you either connect over the phone.

Or, work with me here.

To do that I need to know right now,

Or through an ipad, or phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on a nook
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Aha, understood.

Now, when you try to turn on the windows 10 computer. WHat exactly happens. Does it login but cannot get to the internet?

If so, what type of internet do you have at home. Wifi ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Itis wifi provided bythe nursing home where i live
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can ot type with one fat finger
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.

Ok, when you start windows ten. On the lower right hand side of the screen.. If you click the up arrow. You should see your wifi symbol.

If you click it, does it show any networks at all? If it does show your network, click on that network and t hen enter the password. That should connect you.

If it does not connect you or you cannot see the network or any network. Then try viewing this page and running through all t hese steps.

http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-to-WiFi-in-Windows-10

I know there are a lot of steps, so take your time. If you encounter any issues, tell me what issue you encounter, what step y ou were on and what you expected to happen, that didnt happen.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried all those steps. Stull "u nidentufied network. Have amlso tried ioconfug release andrenew. Made asuggested change to regesrty and several other things. No luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ipconfig
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Just to be clear. Youre trying a lot of steps that could be causing more harm then good.

For the short term, I need to know what were working with and do my best to guide you before you try any steps.

If you disconnect from the un-identified network.

And then g o into the "manage wifi settings" screen

I need you to forget each and every network you see. Then restart windows 10.

( Verify that you were able to click forget on each network)

When the computer turns back on, try one time to select your home network, and enter the password ***** connect.

If you still cant connect, please send me a reply.

In that reply I need you to say whether you found the area to click "forget" on your network.

And then after you restarted the computer, could you then see your network, click on it, and enter the password.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgit my network rebooted triedto connect entered passwodn still unidentified network. I assure you ahy changes that didnot work were rsversed.Ui
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Feeding time at the home. Can i ocntact you tomorrow o elater tonighitn
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood. And you are welcome to contact me tomorrow.

The main concern I have, is finding a solution to the problem.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you in tooday.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, Im in. But Im in a call currently, and have another scheduled at 3.. Would you be available around 4 pm? ( Its currently 2pm my time )

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 would be fine
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will send you a message then.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Uninstalled avast which was not evev runninfg ab
And all is well. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Avast was blocking your network connection. Thats strange.

Glad you found the problem though. However, I dont suggest running without any antivirus at all.

Here is a link to a free antivirus that works on windows 10.

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/homepage

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.