Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am a new Windows 10 user. I have used Microsoft Money 2006

Customer Question

I am a new Windows 10 user. I have used Microsoft Money 2006 on my old computer running Windows XP with great pleasure since 2oo6. When I tried to open it in Windows 10 on my new computer I get the "password *****" window. It has been so long since I installed the program that I have forgotten my PW. When I go to the "forgot PW" inquiry I get another program altogether. I realize Money 2006 is no longer supported but I can't believe you would just drop it and abandon all the people who have been using it. I still have access to my old computer. Am I wrong to assume that the program and data are still on the hard drive and accessible?
***** ***** ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Can you open and use money on your old computer still? If so, you may want to remove the password ***** your money file..

As far as windows 10. the 2006 version of money will not work.

You need the final edition of money, which was free. Called Money Sunset deluxe. Heres the download link for the free and final version of money.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20738

Once downloaded and installed onto your windows 10 computer. You still need to right click the money program icon, then left click properties, then left click compatibility. And then change it to compatibility mode for windows xp sp3 , then click apply.

At that point, you will be able to use money on windows 10..

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I found my money PW but it is a seven digit and now they require an eight digit and they won't let me in.any suggestions?
***** ********@******.***
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Here is what you need to do.

On your old computer, open your money file. Enter the password. Then remove the password.

Then, move that money file to the windows 10 computer. Open it with money sunset edition. ( you just removed the password, so you will be able to open it on the new computer now )

Then, set a new password. That should do the trick.

Whether this works for you Tom, or whether you get stuck at any point. Please send a reply and let me know the outcome.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I havent heard from you in a few days. Did t he last steps I suggested help?

Were you able to get money Sunset installed on the new W10 computer? If all is well, please remember to click one of the rating icons and submit it. As currently my work history shows that this question is unsolved.

Dustin S.