Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Norton closed my computer down, now that it's up I can not

Customer Question

Norton closed my computer down, now that it's up I can not log on to my Google Chrome.
Can you help.? I'm not very comoputer literate.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Besides google chrome. If you use the new edge browser, or internet explorer, or firefox. Can you still access the internet on your computer at all?

Also, when you say you cant log on to google chrome. Do you mean that the program will not open at all? Or once you open google chrome you cant login to some other website ? Please clarify with further details.. Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access the internet by internet explorer. When I click on Chrome to access that way, I get nothing.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Understood.. Lets try the following then.

Click the start button at the bottom left of your screen. In the text box type in

uninstall a program

Then, click on change or remove a program - control panel.

Find google chrome in that list. Click it and then click uninstall.

Make sure to check the box that says " delete browsing data"

Once uninstalled, restart the computer. And then download and install a fresh copy of google chrome from here.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Once installed, chrome should be working again.

If you get stuck or encounter any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I hope I can do this. I'm really no computer expert by a long shot. How will I get back to You?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Take your time. I wrote the steps to be pretty precise, if you encounter any issues completing them let me know!

And even if this works, please send a reply and let me know it worked so we can mark this issue as resolved.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 does not have a control panel listed from my start setting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, of course, have it on Windows 7, but not on 10.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Im using windows 10, and these steps should work.

Lets focus on the first part.

Click the start button at the bottom left of your screen. In the text box type in these words

uninstall a program

Then, click on change or remove a program ( if you can get this far, t he rest should be easy!)

'

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I havent heard from you since I sent you the repair steps.

If they solved the issue, please remember to return and click one of the rating icons, and submit a rating. As currently this question shows as unsolved in my work history.

If you still need help, youre welcome to respond!

Dustin S.