Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

I am currently using my Lenovo Yoga in a classroom that has

Customer Question

I am currently using my Lenovo Yoga in a classroom that has both a VGA and an hdmi connection for projecting from the computer. While I have the dongle for the VGA plug, I would really like to use the hdmi connection because of the superior visual effect. Could you tell me exactly what kind of cable I need to buy? (I bought a thing at Office Max that is not the correct connector at all, even though they insisted that it was.) I believe I need some sort of micro to hdmi cable.
Thanks.
--Ellen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Did you purchase a normal HDMI to HDMI cable?
Which of the two devices you're using has the micro HDMI port?
Here's a cable that would work with HDMI on one end and micro HDMI on the other:
http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-HDMI-Micro-Cable-feet/dp/B003UH0Z9Q
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I did not purchase a normal HDMI to HDMI cable or a micro to normal HDMI. The micro HDMI port is on my Lenovo Yoga computer. I will order the cable you suggested through Amazon as no one seems to carry it locally.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
If you can give me the full model of your Lenovo Yoga I may be able to tell you exactly what cable you need and whether that micro HDMI is the right one for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that I need to talk to the AV folks at my school, UC Davis before we go any further. I have to make sure whether I am connecting to a regular hdmi or hdmi mini for projecting from my computer to a big screen. The model I have is a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Model Name (Chinese script + 20266) manufactured 13/11/30. I am connecting from the left-hand side of the computer which has a mini-connector, not an hdmi connector. So what I need is a mini-connector on one end and an hdmi cable connector on the other. However, let me find out exactly what the AV folks installed. No problem with the VGA mini-connector to the VGA cable but I want the superior projection of the hdmi. I made a big mistake when I referred to the port as an HDMI port on the Lenovo when it is just a plain old mini-connector. Thanks.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Great work, I just looked up your specs and it looks like the cable I linked you to would be perfect for you.
Your computer has a Micro HDMI out port (female) which you would connect the Micro HDMI end of the cable to, and a regular HDMI to the second device, providing it has a standard HDMI female port.
Here's the link again in case you can't find it:
You can also get it at Best Buy which might be quicker:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=micro+hdmi+cable
If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!
Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.
Regards,