Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Yesterday I received an email to my Google account saying

Customer Question

Yesterday I received an email to my Google account saying "new login from android' (at 9.07 pm), at 10.33 pm i received another one saying 'login attempt blocked'. Both concerns the same ip address. Does it men that some one already accessed my account once, or was the first login blocked? I need to know if some one has read my emails or not. Off course i already changed my Password.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

It means that someone from their smartphone or tablet tried to sign into your account and were blocked so it stopped them. They may have had access for about 1 hour.

This means they may have read your emails.

Do you have the IP address? and I can see where this came from as nearly always its someone you know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know who made the login. I have given away an old phone to some one. I deleted all history but some how the password ***** have remained. Why wasn't the first login attempt blocked?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

because the login details where on the phone, so it was assumed you did this. You always need to reset the phone to remove all details.

Once you signed in from another location, then is it only possible to know the phone had unauthorized access.

With any smartphone, always factory reset it completely before giving it away.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you