Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I was on earlier but got disconnected. I spoke to this

Customer Question

I was on earlier but got disconnected. I spoke to Richard this afternoon about me not being able to send e-mails since I upgraded to Windows 10. He asked me to use command prompt [admin] then click on sfc /scannow, l did this and restarted my laptop and
now find I am unable to receive e-mails as well as send.outlook is disconnected, Can you advise
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

What email client are you using to send and receive emails? Are you using Microsoft outlook? If so, and if you're email connection types are IMAP, then what I would suggest doing is going into your Outlook settings and the account settings and removing your accounts from in there. Then go back through the Outlook set up which will ask you for your email address. When it does this it will automatically discover your server settings and configure venting properly. It's possible that something changed with the Windows 10 upgrade that's preventing it from connecting to those servers. This will cause it to reopen those connections and they should stay open from that point forward. Please let me know if you have any questions.