Terry
Terry, Consultant
Experience:  Worked over thirteen years in operating systems support chats and groups.
32740927

I need someone to walk me through: Internet Explorer

Customer Question

I need someone to walk me through: Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is not enabled
Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration configures your server and Internet Explorer in a way that decreases the exposure of your server to potential attacks through Web content and application scripts. This is done by raising the default security levels on Internet Explorer security zones and changing the default settings.
Keeping the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration enabled on your servers is recommended to help ensure that your servers are not inadvertently exposed to malware or other browser-based attacks. For more information, including the complete list of changes that are implemented by Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration, see the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration overview.
To turn on Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
Close any Internet Explorer windows that you might have open.
Open Server Manager.
If your server is running Windows Server® 2008 R2, in the Security Information section of Server Summary, click Configure IE ESC to open the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration dialog.
If your server is running Windows Server® 2012, click Configure this local server to open the Local Server configuration page. Then, in the Properties area, next to IE Enhanced Security Configuration, click Off to open the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration dialog.
To use Internet Explorer Enhanced Configuration when members of the local Administrators group are logged on, under Administrators click On.
To use Internet Explorer Enhanced Configuration when all other users are logged on, under Users click On (Recommended).
Click OK to apply your changes.
Note: Once the Internet Explorer Enhanced Configuration is turned on for both sets of users, Server Manager will display On (Recommended) next to Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Terry replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Terry and I am going to try and help you today/

Expert:  Terry replied 1 year ago.

In Internet Explorer clcik on tools then internet Options security tab at the top Click on custom level then reset all zones to default settings.

If you found this helpful please click on rateings.

Terry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am running Win 2008R2.

I do not need to this?:

Open Server Manager.

Expert:  Terry replied 1 year ago.

hello 1 sec please

Expert:  Terry replied 1 year ago.

Thank you . You need someone who knows or uses Win 2008R2.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is the status of this question with JA?

Are others on JA aware that I need help with this question?

Expert:  Terry replied 1 year ago.

I took an opt out and another expers should be with you shortly. The question is still open.

Terry

Expert:  Terry replied 1 year ago.

expert*