Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just got off the phone from Microsoft Tech Support.

Customer Question

I just got off the phone from Microsoft Tech Support. According to them, unless I take a years plan for 199.00 for them to remove all the viruses that my computer has, I cannot download Windows 10. Is there anything you can do about that? I think my computer is just 2 years old.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
I'm afraid you just got off the phone with a person who's intentions are most probably to scam you for more money - Microsoft don't request you to be on any form of plan to remove viruses nor do you need it to upgrade to Windows 10.
May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,