Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

Recently i installed windows 10. i had utilized windows 7

Customer Question

recently i installed windows 10 . i had utilized windows 7 professional. Now i cannot open and read any of my past wprd documents. however, excell appears okay. please assist me ins solving this issue. Don Mullen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

Hi Don, can you tell me what happens when you attempt to open one of your old word documents in Windows 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the file opens but i get a blank black screen with a hint of one or two words in red. That is all. I am in trouble as all of my word files are not available to me at the moment.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

What version of Office/Word were you using prior to upgrading to Windows 10 and what version are you currently using?

Did you password ***** the original files, or save them in a format other than the default .doc or .docx format?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can read my AOL email and open it. I was using Word 7 and no protection that I am aware of. I did not save them in any special manner. But they were 3 page letters and very inportant to me.
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

And you are still using the same version of Word right now? (Word 7)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was texting with Wes but we got cut off before I RECEIVED HIS ANSWER TO MY COMPUTER QUESTION. i AM NOT HAPOY AT THE MOMENT AS MY QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED. DON MULLEN
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here I was waiting for your answer on my clarifying question. Are you still using Word 7 on Windows 10 or did you upgrade to a different version? I may be able to assist with a phone call or remote desktop but I need more info first