Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

A computer support company contacted me to advise my

Customer Question

A computer support company contacted me to advise my computer is running slowly and is in danger of "crashing" and some programs have stopped running because I need to pay a license fee for the use of***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
This sounds like a phone scam see this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx
Do not pay anything to them and I suggest immediately calling your bank to dispute the charges.
I would also suggest getting a new card as they may charge you repeatedly.
Then to find out if you actually do need anything which I doubt call this number: 1(###) ###-####
That is the actual phone number for Microsoft and they will never contact you unsolicited.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Microsoft software.