s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and now I am unable

Customer Question

hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 and now I am unable to log onto citrix receiver
Category: Computer
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help with this. As per Citrix, the Receiver for 4.3 is the only receiver presently compatible with Windows 10 and can be downloaded here: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/windows/receiver-for-windows-43.html

if this does NOT work or you need more detailed instructiolns please let me know first don't rate bad or poor service. If this DOES work and you're good to go after, can you please let me know and rate me positive, OK or better?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sean, Hi, thanks for trying to help me with this issue. This is the version of Citrix that I have downloaded. when I go to log on it comes up with , your account cannot be added using this server address, Make sure you have entered it correctly. You may need to add you email address instead, so when I try and add my email address, it says the same thing , but tells me to try the server address. Can get past this stage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry cant get past this stage
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can you tell me where you're stuck at? Were you not able to download the receiver for Windows 4.3 in that above link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to download it again and it said already downloaded will now abort. so I click on the citrix and it asks me to type in the server address then it comes up with the message I told you earlier
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never had any issues connecting before I did the upgrade to windows 10
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.
Which internet browser are you using at present to download that file? Edge, Firefox or Chrome?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet explorer I think
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.
part of the "problem" if you will is with Windows 10, they transitioned to Microsoft Edge instead of Intnret Explorer which has been reported to have countless problems... Could you try downloading Firefox or Google Chrome for me as another internet browser and try the above link for Citrix with it? If this gets to be too much for you to do on your own we could set up a remote session to get the receiver downloaded and installed for you at around noon, I'm unavailable for remote support until then. But can try to talk you through right now. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi downloaded chrome, then tried the Citrix download again. Same thing said "you are attempting to install the same version of the citrix receiver. The installation will now abort.
thank you anyway, I really needed to access this tonight to get some things done for work tomorrow, as we are not really getting anywhere, and its getting really late here I might just forget about it. I thought there may have been a quick fix, but seems that's not the case. Am unable to do the remote thing as I have work and will not be a the PC in which I need to get this working on. Thanks for your help anyway Sean
Expert:  s_feehan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, It does sound like that is accurate. And the problem we're encountering may be something else I do have some other things we can try at a different time. I'm sorry I wasnt able to address your issue, I hope that the service I've offered so far has been worth a POSITIVE rating to you, I can remain on standby for you at a different time if you want to continue though. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks anyway Sean..goodnight