Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have downloaded the program recommended and inserted the

Customer Question

I have downloaded the program recommended and inserted the disk into the affected computer. Where will I find the files on my hard drive so I can copy them. ***** ***** helped me earlier.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what program you downloaded

but if it is a program than you should just have to go to my computer

double click on the disk and run the setup program there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I was thinking I would get the same person I had before. Let me give you an update. I cannot access my computer due to an upgrade failure. I have rebooted and did a system repair with no success. I was told to download the Ubuntu file and access my hard drive with the CD. I have done all those steps but I'm not sure what to look for in order to distinguish which program is my hard drive.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

this is for a windows 10 upgrade that failed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

ok i just read the previous question.

you are looking for the files that you want to pull off the old computer before you reset it to factory specs ?

they should be in c:\users\your account name\documents

or something similar

if it did manage to get the win10 on somewhat they might also be in c:\windows.old and again users\your id\documents

you might also try reinstalling the windows 10 from a flash drive that you can create on this page

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

and if you want to continue with jason on the original post go to this page and post where you are and he should respond as soon as he is online

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/99nve-computer-will-not-reboot-tried-computer-restore.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. But do I need to do a search using the C:. Because the disk only has the options of places, files, system settings and T1106303W0D.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I go to the address for Jason will I have to pay for the service again?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

jason would probably have a better idea of what the disk he gave you does and how to use it

i would try the files though

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

no you if you got back to the original post that i gave you the address for it wont charge you more unless you accept an additional service offer

It will be the same question that you already paid for. Just continuing to chat back and forth as you were yesterday

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thank you.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome :)