Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I added windows 10 to my laptop I had to use the desk top to

Customer Question

I added windows 10 to my laptop I had to use the desk top to change my Microsoft password. However when I go to my laptop it will not except the password. I used the e-mail address for my laptop to reset the password. I cam get no where on my laptop unless it takes the new password. However I can get into my account only on the desk top which has a different address. How do I fix this problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
In order for the new reset password ***** work, the problem computer must be online. Please, plug the laptop into your modem or router with a network cable, turn the laptop off and on, and then log in with the new password. When you do this, do you succeed with logging in?
I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not you were able to sign in.
I hope to hear back that you are all signed in. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button).
I will be standing by,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that did not work the lap top is still not responding. I was on line when I started to put windows 10 on the laptop
What does it mean when you say it is 'not responding'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by not responding it means it will not accept the password

Thank you for the update. So it says that the password ***** *****? Is the username a simple user name or does it show an email address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is showing my email address as***@******.*** when I put the new password ***** it tells me it is incorrect

On a working computer, are you able to sign into that account on the following page? --> https://login.live.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is he one I used to change the password ***** I'm using to contact you

Are you entering the same password ***** the computer that you just entered onto that page to sign in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the one used to contact you

That is very odd. If you used the same email address & password ***** the page and the login screen, it should be working.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used the laptop email address on this on

You used the same email address on the problem computer login page and the page that I sent you a few minutes ago?