Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Am not getting commercial e.maile e.g. Amazon or things like

Customer Question

Am not getting commercial e.maile e.g. Amazon or things like Streetlife. They seem to be blocked Only getting private ones. IT engineer says it is not my laptop must be server.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The problem almost always is 'on the server' in some fashion, if that sort of email-not-showing-up happens.
Servers have filtering, as well as local PC's email software. But, before complaining to your email service co. (which has charge of, and can correct, the server's settings/filtering/etc.), you should
1. check the various folders, incl. esp. Spam and Trash folders because emails that don't show up go to them most often, of your email account for any sign of the missing emails... in case it is local email filtering and sorting that has caused the problem.
2. make sure (even if only by a mental check as opposed to logging into the accounts and seeing what email address is listed there in your account) that the missing email accounts are still A. existent B. in good order C. configured to your email address as opposed to perhaps to another email address & D. haven't been stopped or shut off in some way.
Then it's time to contact the email service co. and tell them
1. emails are missing despite a search through folders
2. you should be receiving them
and
3. what exactly the email addresses you receive from normally are, spelled out or listed accurately to the letter (and/or number), and when you first stopped getting them.
Let me know if you need further advice. And if this completely answers your question, please rate my Answer. Thanks.