Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I just updated with Windows 10 and my computer is no longer

Customer Question

I just updated with Windows 10 and my computer is no longer usable. The screen keeps flashing off and on and I can't get it to stop so I can access my computer. I have rebooted by shutting down and the sign on screen appears fine but when I sign on none of my icons or desktop appears just my wallpaper and it keeps flashing with the time circle locking all selection and activity. I only have access to via my iPad
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Open task manager by pressing Alt, Ctrl and Delete keys together.

Under file (top left) "Run new task" type in msconfig (yes it is hard to type as screen blinks, but it can be done).

In the new box that opens (it may be behind the task manager box) go to Service Tab, scroll until you find 2 tasks that need to be stopped. (1) Problem Reports and Solution Control Panel Support, (2) Windows Error Report Service.

Disable these by unchecking. Click Apply and click OK. If you are prompted to restart, then restart computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N