Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I haved a key number Windows 8, but it's not being accepted

Customer Question

I haved a key number for my Windows 8, but it's not being accepted to convert to 8.1 or to add updates. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you shouldnt really need a key if you are doing the online upgrade from 8 to 8.1

it should run automatically if you download it from the windows store.

otherwise microsoft can usually sort out problems with bad key codes if you have other proof that you purchased it. you can call them at 800 MICROSOFT

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it was downloading automatically I wouldn't be writing to you (duh). It's not. When I enter my key for windows 8 upgrades, it rejects it.
PO(###) ###-#### 9-28-14
Key cj238 ghxvn kk737 f6wgk 3rpkv
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

I dont see where it would ask for your key.

i have had windows 8 for year and it has never asked me for a key anywhere.

how exactly are you trying to get it ?

if you go to the windows store in the app screen you should be able to search for windows 8.1 and just download it.

I can log into your computer remotely to see what is going on but it seems more likely the current windows is not registered correctly than that the key is wrong. where did you get the key ?