Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

After installing Win10and rebooting, the pc seems to be in a

Customer Question

After installing Win10and rebooting, the pc seems to be in a loop Sun h that I can not get to the desktop.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to get into login screen? Are you able to login?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I can not get to the sign in screen.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

It seems that the installation is not complete yet, or you have to reinstall it. Do you have the upgrade disc with you?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a disk. The upgrade was their upgrade through downloaded software
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you create and upgrade disc by following the instructions in the link below. You can use the Download Tool in the link to download Windows 10 media to burn on Disc or USB Flash drive. Then, use the disc in order to start the upgrade again.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get to the desktop to do anything. It's just on the beginning of starting up.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you use a different computer to create the disc.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have another computer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

What is the exact screen you are getting just before it restarts.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is blank except for a few moving chasing dots. They disappear and just start all over again.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

While restarting, press and hold the Shift key and repeatedly press F8 key (without releasing the shift key). Check if you get the Advanced Boot Options window. If you get that, select Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and then select Startup Settings. It will restart the computer and after restart, select Enable Safe mode. Check if you are able to get into Safe mode.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck. It goes right back into a loop.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

It seems that the installation is corrupt and you have to reinstall it using the disc. Or, you have to use your recovery disc to reinstall Window 7/8 and then upgrade it.

May I know the make and model number of your computer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hp pro book 4530s
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

You can use the F11 key to restore the computer to factory settings, however it will erase all the data and programs in your computer and restore it to factory condition.

Please go to the link below, follow the instructions under Recovery when Windows 8 does not start correctly. Try the Minimized Image Recovery.

https://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5060880&docId=emr_na-c03489643&docLocale=en_US

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not an option.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize that I am out of ideas resolving the restarting loop. I would suggest you create and use an Upgrade disc.

I will open the question for others and check if anyone has an answer to help you.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I check back with you tomorrow?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

there is no way to do this without another computer. The win10 installation is corrupt and wont start. there is no button to press that will fix it and you wont be able to do anything because without the operating system the computer wont do anything.

you need to borrow another computer and create a windows*****and boot the bad computer from that. that will give you something that you can work with because its actually running.

you can create the flash drive using the program that you download from this page
make sure that you select the option to create a flash drive for use on other machines

you can put that flash drive in the computer and restart it and it should reboot from the flash drive that will give you some repair options you can try including going back to your original operating system or re installing the windows 10 totally

this post shows all of the options that you can use from the windows boot drive including how to make sure that the computer will actually boot from the flash drive

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html